So we are clear about the terminology we are using, when we use the phrase “Personal Information”, we mean contact information (i.e., name, address, email address, and/or telephone number) and any other non-public information that is used or intended to be used to personally identify an individual, and information associated with the foregoing. When we use the phrase “Anonymous Information”, we mean information that is not associated with or linked to Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not enable identification of or contact with, individual persons.
Personal Information and End User Information
At certain points in our Web site, when information is requested, product documentation is downloaded, surveys are filled out, products are ordered, etc., Synegys may ask for you to fill out information that pertains to you personally. This type of information can include name, address, phone number, fax number, text-messaging number, email address, etc. At any point that such information is requested, you are always given the choice of whether or not you wish to submit this information to Synegys.
If a Client collects and submits to us information of End Users, either through an App or otherwise, we may receive and store such information (“End User Information”). End User Information collected through Apps may include, but is not limited to, the following, which may be Personal Information of such End Users:
- Information about End Users, including name, address, gender, age, marital status, photograph, in-App purchase history, survey responses, and preferences.
- Information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), platform type and version (iOS v4, Android, etc.), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G).
- Sensory and other information collected through a mobile device, including accelerometer data, lock phone on/off, power on/off, airplane mode on/off, number of SMS/MMS messages, number of calls and duration, camera usage, speaker usage, Bluetooth usage, NFC usage, and GPS location data
- Information about App usage, including user App retention data, session length, and session interval.
We work with online partners and advertisers to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications and offer third party products and services to you. To do this, we or our partners or advertisers may use web beacons, clear GIFs and Cookies on this Site. The information collected in this way helps us learn things like what kinds of Users our Site attracts, which of our products most interest our Users, and what kinds of offers our Users like to see.
Our Relationship with Social Networking Sites and Third-Parties
We have created and may offer you interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter (“SN Sites”) through our Site. We will work with the SN Site’s application protocol interface (better known as their developer API) in a way that allows you to authorize us to access your account on that SN Site on your behalf. In order to provide this authorization, you will not provide us with your user ID or password to the SN Site, but you will need to log-in to that SN Site directly through our Site. Once authorized by you, the SN Site will provide us a token that allows the SN Site to recognize us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information or to post information. You will be able to revoke our access to any SN Site at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SN Site, though such revocation may limit the Services we are able to provide you.
In addition to accessing your SN Site accounts through developer APIs, we may also offer interfaces that allow Clients to connect with APIs for SN Sites as well as other third party data providers in a manner that allows a Client to retrieve data from such third parties for inclusion in a Client’s App, for example Facebook or Yahoo! Maps (collectively, “Third Party Data Providers”). We may connect Apps to such APIs using the token method discussed above or we may require that a Client provide us the applicable API key, user name, password or other method of authentication (the “ Third Party API Access Protocols”). The Third Party API Access Protocols will be disclosed and used in the same manner as Personal Information, with the understanding that they will not be used to market any products or services.
Personal Information and End User Information
Synegys collects and uses your personal information to give you high quality customer service, to provide you with convenient access to our products and services, and to make you aware of the latest offerings from Synegys.
We will use Personal Information, including End User Information to:
- Administer Accounts;
- Process your payments, provide the Services and customer support;
- Tailor the features of the Site or Services to you;
- Respond to requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Market our Services and products to our Users and those of third parties we believe may be of interest to our Users, including through the serving of targeted advertisements, though we will not disclose your Personal Information in doing so. For example, we allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of Users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, if you tend to view and automobile-related content, we might use that interest to show you ads for automobiles (and to tell ad networks to serve those ads), but we do not tell any automobile maker who you are, though the dealer or manufacturer may learn that you possess certain characteristics based on the fact that you received the advertisement. We may do this on the site, in the Apps and on other websites on the internet.
- Market services and products to your End Users, in a manner similar to the method used for Users described above, but only if you choose to add advertising capabilities to your App;
- Improve the quality of the Site and the Services;
- Communicate with Users about the Site and the Services, and
- Showcase the Personal Information you include in your Profile, if you elect to create one, to other Users.
- We also use Personal Information to contact you and provide you with information that may be useful or interesting to you, including newsletters regarding changes and upgrades to the Services as well as promotional e-mails, and to allow certain other entities to do the same. By using the Site, you agree to receive this information from us and certain other entities. If you do not want to receive these communications, you can always opt out of communications by following the instructions provides in the email or by emailing us at email@example.com. We may, however, send certain administrative emails which pertain to the Site and Services on a regular basis that you may not opt-out of.
- We may also use Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose certain Personal Information, including End User Information:
- To third party vendors who help us provide the Services or the Site, including vendors that process payments, or who provide or market additional goods and services, in which case we will require such vendors to use such information in accordance with their privacy policies posted on their websites;
- To third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information, including where a Client chooses to integrate a third party’s services or content into an App;
- To other Users, if you create a public Profile;
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction, including to third party vendors who may help us enhance or provide the Site or Services or to third parties.
Information Disclosed to Third Parties
Updating and Controlling your Information
If you have an Account with us, you may update certain of your Personal Information on our Site. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even though you may request the deletion of your Personal Information by us, we may be required (by law or otherwise, such as to prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, or enforce our Services Agreement) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time) in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives and we may also retain Anonymous Information about your use of our Services. Once we disclose some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Clinical Research and Healthcare Clients: HIPAA and Participant Privacy
While the mobile text messaging channel is not technically HIPAA compliant, Synegys makes continuous efforts to maintain the privacy and data security of sensitive client and patient information, including:
- Unique Users and Identification: Each user identity is assigned a unique name and/or number for identification, logging and tracking.
- Authentication: Authentication is used via unique, password protected account login access through SSL encryption technology. Only dedicated support staff have access to client data, provided only to approved client administrators, as needed.
- Encryption: The Synegys system has encryption and decryption mechanics to protect electronic Patient Health Information (ePHI) where applicable. SSL encryption technology, protects all components of the Synegys dashboard accessible by account users.
- Automatic Logging Out: The Synegys system will log out users after a short time of inactivity.
- Transmission Security: Technical measures have been implemented from authentication and SSL encryption. Only Developers employed by Synegys have direct access to the Synegys platform code base and databases.
- Multiple Organizations: ePHI is not accessible by Synegys partners or subcontractors unless otherwise authorized for the sole purpose of efficient communication transmissions.
- Response and Reporting Procedures: The company maintains a step by step reporting procedure to identify, document, respond and prevent security incidents.
- Contingency Plans: ePHI and other sensitive data have accessible backups, including procedures to recover data from Synegys’ hosting company.
- Privacy and Security Officers: The company’s co-founders are our privacy and security officers.
- Risk Management Evaluations: Privacy sensitivity training, activity logging, risk management procedures for code implementation, data and account management are reviewed once a year by Synegys’ chief officers to ensure maximum risk reduction.
Changes to this Policy
Effective July 14, 2006.
Last updated: June 25, 2017